“Education Power Grab” in Ohio
With A Super GOP Majority in the Ohio House and Senate why do they (The Republicans) permit this Governor to Do This!
HB 512 is a giant power grab by Kasich (with Ohio House help) and it is on a fast track to consolidate all the education departments in Ohio and put them under Kasich’s control. This is serious.
On February 14, 2018, Representative Reineke (R-Tiffin) announced legislation that would combine the Ohio Department of Education, Ohio Department of Higher Education, and Ohio Department of Workforce Transformation into a single new department organized under the governor.
“Crib to Career” (Rep. Reineke quote) is social engineering.
The State Board of Education, which includes 11 regionally elected members, would no longer have any voice in state education policy. This includes a wide range of state regulations, such as:
– Education Standards in all subjects
– Education Assessment selection at the state level
– Determination of Achievement/Proficiency Levels
– State Report Cards
– Teacher/Student Ratio’s
– Private School Regulations
– Religious School Regulations
– Home Education Regulations
– Public School Operating Standards
– Career Technical Regulations
Currently all of these items (and many more) go through a public hearing process. Under the proposed legislation, it appears that all policy making function would be further bureaucratized and no longer created through a transparent, accountable process!
This legislation also imposes on our Constitutional separation of powers by giving the administrative branch (Governor) legislative authority. Our founders knew that people are more likely to lose their rights when the same body is creating and enforcing the laws. HB512 aligns all education entities solely under the administrative branch and gives the new mega-agency the ability to create and enforce regulations with no accountability! Talk about the fox guarding the hen house!
TAKE ACTION today, Saturday and Sunday!
Please CALL and leave voicemail messages OPPOSING HB512:
CALL your State Representative. Find number here.
CALL Ohio House Speaker Cliff Rosenberger 614-466-3506.
CALL Government Accountability and Oversight committee members and ask them to OPPOSE HB 512. Here are there phone numbers.
1) Chairman Louis Blessing III (Co-sponsor of HB 512), (614) 466-9091
2) Vice-Chairman Bill Reineke (Sponsor of HB 512), (614) 466-1374
3) Kathleen Clyde, (614) 466-2004
4) Keith Faber, (614) 466-6344
5) Timothy Ginter, (614) 466-8022
6) Dave Greenspan, (614) 466-0961
7) Brigid Kelly, (614) 466-5786
8) Bernadine Kennedy Kent, (614) 466-5343
9) P. Scott Lipps, (614) 466-6023
10) Dorothy Pelanda (Co-sponsor of HB 512), (614) 466-8147
11) Bill Sietz, (614) 466-8258
12) Ryan Smith, (614) 466-1366
13) Martin J. Sweeney, (614) 466-3350
The third hearing, committee votes and possible full House votes on HB 512 are anticipated as soon as next week, starting Feb. 26. This needs to be stopped. This is Common Core on Steroids!
This bill was not assigned to the Ohio House Education Committee. Isn’t that strange? I wonder why. Hmmm?
This would eliminate any effective representation that we have through the State School Board, Board of Regents, etc. This is a full-on power grab by Kasich. Please make phone calls today, Friday, Feb. 23 through the weekend and leave messages that you OPPOSE House Bill 512.
Thank you for reading this message and making these quick calls. This is a power grab pure and simple. Yes, please forward this message to your friends.
FOLLOW PRESIDENT TRUMP ON TWITTER:
Facebook Pages and Groups for You to “Like and Share”