The following information was presented at Valley Harvest Church, June 1, 2011.
Columbus Southern (AEP-Ohio*) Electric Rate Increases
Community action can help to inform elected officials and the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (“PUCO”) about how increases in the price of electric will affect you and your community. Call, write or e-mail your elected representatives and government leaders.
- Tell them about how the increases in AEP-Ohio’s electric prices will affect local households, businesses and the local economy.
- Tell them that you want to maintain the opportunity to reduce your electric bills by obtaining supply from a competitive supplier.
- Tell them that AEP-Ohio’s proposed charges will deprive you of the opportunity to reduce your electric bills by obtaining supply from a competitive supplier.
- Ask them to support the residents and small businesses in your community by encouraging the PUCO to:
- Require AEP-Ohio to identify the electric bill impacts of all of its proposals;
- Reject non-bypassable charges that block off opportunities for consumers to reduce electric bills by shopping and discourage competitive suppliers from entering our region;
- Make sure that your local economy is not disadvantaged by uncompetitive electric prices.
Communicate these messages to the officials below and also to the PUCO when the PUCO holds the local public hearing in Marietta on June 13, 2011, starting at 6:00 p.m. at Washington State Community College, Arts & Science Building, Harvey Graham Auditorium, 710 Colegate Drive, Marietta, Ohio.
Resources (right click and save to your computer):